Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cabbage Salsa

Delicious enough that I can eat it until I make myself sick delicious...how much cabbage should one person really eat? Moving on....

1/2 Head cabbage (Optional) or 1 bag of finely chopped cabbage
1 or 2 Large Tomatos
1/2 Large Onion
1/2 Bunch Cilantro
1 Bell Pepper Or Jalapeno (Most recipes call for Jalapeno but if you do not like spicy at all try the Bell Pepper)
1 Lime or Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper to Taste (or garlic salt in place of the salt)

Tip: I think it's good to have about equal parts of each ingredient. Unlike salsa where the tomatos take over. Depending on the size of your vegtables will depend on how much of each you need.

All ingredients need to be finely chopped or shredded. If you have a pampered chef chopper that works well or before those days I used a small food processor. I know that a Magic Bullet or Ninja Master Prep work well too! Or if all else fails and you have the knuckles for it, by all means chop away with a knife.

Mix well. I like to taste test each batch and make sure it tastes right. I don't need much salt but I know others that put a lot of salt in. Other variations I've seen are adding a tiny bit of garlic or garlic salt.

Serve with Tortilla Chips or on top of your favorite Mexican dish and enjoy! This is one of those things that is even better after it's chilled awhile and let all the flavors run together and the cabbage soften up. If you can wait that long to eat it. I know I can't. And you probably don't want to let it sit more than a day or two or it gets soggy. A good excuse to eat it in one day...but again, how much cabbage does a person need in one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment