I have had lots of rocky road candy but this is the only one I like. And Robocop agrees. He says to me "I don't bother eating anyone else's anymore." There are a few things that make this rocky road the best - a sweet and salty combo-- so I'd follow the recipe to the T the first time.
Growing up Mom made lots of this...some with peanuts, some with cashews, sometimes walnuts.
12 oz PKG SEMI-SWEET Chocolate Chips
14oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 TBL BUTTER (real butter - not margarine)
1 JAR Planters dry roasted peanuts (salted) This is roughly 2 cups
10 oz PKG Mini Marshmallows
- Butter a 13x9 pan. I recommend using real butter not nonstick or margarine.
- Melt chocolate, condensed milk and butter over low heat in a pan.
- Stir continuously to avoid scalding.
- In a large bowl combine marshmallows and peanuts.
- Pour chocolate mixture over the nuts and marshmallows and mix well with a spoon.
- Spread in your buttered pan. Lay wax paper on top and mush down.
- Cover with wax paper and saran wrap
- Chill 2 hours.
ENJOY! The secret to this is the salted nuts, semi sweet chocolate, and the butter. This gives just the right combo of sweet and salty.